Sunday, February 8, 2009

The Philippine Eagle


The Philippine Eagle (Pithecophaga jefferyi) is one of the largest and most powerful eagles in the world. But it is also among the rarest and most critically endangered vertebrate species. It is found only in the Philippines, in the islands of Luzon, Samar, Leyte and Mindanao.





The Philippine Eagle Foundation is committed to promote the survival of the Philippine Eagle, the biodiversity it represents, and the sustainable use of our forest resources for future generations to enjoy.

10 comments:

  1. nice blog.i think u like eagle a lot.thought of making friends.i have added u in my list.just drop by and check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh sweet...........
    nice picture......
    Oh my god......

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope the tallest flying predators would survive.. they are the symbol of Filipino freedom...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy your post :) great nice 4u

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks..for visit yes that is new..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great info&nice pic here...

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi... thanks for visited my blog... nice to know people from around the world.
    You have a very informative blog, keep up the great work..
    I wish i could speak Tagalog... cos my father was work for a Phillipine Company in Borneo.

    ReplyDelete